The festival will show the most original games by young and upcoming studios and emerging game developers. Ludicious offer its visitors an extended weekend packed with talks, games, networking opportunities and much more. The speakers participating in the Festival are:
• Alden Kroll, who has been a designer at Valve for over 12 years, working on Steam as well as on games such as Team Fortress 2, Portal, and Left 4 Dead. Alden currently works as a designer on the Steam store, the Steam publishing tools, and various community features such as Steam Workshop.
• Callum Underwood is in charge of signing new games at the Swedish developer Raw Fury.
• David O´Reilly is the creator of the groundbreaking animated films «Please Say Something» and «The External World», his work has won numerous awards and been the subject of several retrospectives internationally. He served as writer for the television shows Adventure Time & South Park, and created the fictional video games in Spike Jonze’s Academy Award winning film «Her».
• Daniel Dociu who is currently overseeing visual development across all development teams under the Amazon Game Studios umbrella.
• Dhaunae de Vir who is Business Development Manager for White Wolf Entertainment (Vampire: The Masquerade), a brand evangelist, a videogames ambassador, and an eSports consultant.
• Julie Heyde & Horatiu Roman who are known in the gaming industry for their game jams and VR games as VRUnicorns.
• Kate Edwards who is CEO and principal consultant of Geogrify, and the former Executive Director of the International Game Developers Association (IGDA).
• Lauren Cason is a Senior Artist at ustwo games, where she worked on Monument Valley 2 (best Mobile Game at the 2017 Game Awards). She was recently named one of Forbes Magazines 30 under 30 in Games for 2018.
• Patryk Grzeszczuk who as a Marketing Director at 11 bit studios has been responsible for developing marketing/advertising strategies for This War of Mine, Beat Cop, and Frostpunk.
The festival’s complete program will be published at the end of the year. Tickets are now available at www.ludicious.ch/tickets.