– Best Original Idea: ‘Sunset’, Tale of Tales (Belgium)
– Best Creative Design: ‘Pavilion’, Visiontrick Media (Sweden, Japan)
– Best Sound: ‘PANORAMICAL’, Fernando Ramallo & David Kanaga (USA, Argentina, México, Germany, Turkey)
– Best Playability: ‘Future Unfolding’, Spaces of Play (Germany)
– Best Basque Videogame: ‘The Delusions of Von Sottendorff and his Square’, Delirium Studios (Spain/Basque Country)
Each prize is endowed with 5,000 euros.
158 games from 30 countries have competed this year in the VI International Festival of Independent Games.
The members of this year’s jury, are: Oscar Barda, CEO of Theme Games and Consultant at La Gaite Lyrique in Paris; Juan Carlos Rodríguez, CEO of faseextra.com; Daniel Parente, Founder of Bootstart and CEO of Hydra Interactive; and Joaquín Pérez Martín, Professor of VideoGames and Animation at Universidad Europea.
The aim of the AzPlay International Festival of Independent Games prizes is to acknowledge and reward the most original, creative and innovative videogames of an educational and entertaining nature.