We already know the winners of the VII edition of the International Competition of Independent Video Games AzPlay 2016:
– Best Original Idea: ‘Calendula’, by Blooming Buds (Spain)
– Best Creative Design: ‘Etherborn’ by Altered Matter (Spain)
– Best Sound: ‘TACENDA’ by Finifugu && friends (London College of Communications) (UK)
– Best Playability: ‘Moon River’, by Guillaume Cerdeira (Switzerland)
– Best Basque Video game: ‘Dynasty Feud’, by Kaia Studios
The prizes of the International Competition of Independent Video Games Azplay aim to recognize and reward the most original, creative, innovative video game productions that show a playful and educational character. Each of the prizes is endowed with 5,000 euros.
250 games from 47 countries have competed this year in the Contest.
This year’s jury was composed by Jana Palm, Stugan’s General Manager; Koldo Gutiérrez, journalist and one of the founders of the cultural magazine ‘Cactus’; Lara Sanchez Coteron, PhD in Fine Arts specializing in Interactive Art and Game Design; and José María Martínez Burgos, ‘Hafo’, co-founder of mobile game companies and children’s apps startup.